SPECIAL SERVICES OF THE FAMILY BIRTH CENTER
Certified Lactation Consultant
Candlelight Dinner, Lunch, or Dinner Basket
Stork Report – Web and Newspaper
|Gift Packs and Product Samples|
New Moms Support Group
New Dads Support Group
Pain Control Options
Educational video explaining how to care for yourself and your newborn
EXTENDING OUR SERVICES:
At the Family Birth Center, our services do not end once you and your baby are discharged from our care. We are here 24 hours a day to answer your questions and address your concerns through the Family Birth Center Warmline 537-BABY (2229).
In addition to the Warmline, we will schedule a Post Clinic for you when your baby is three to four days old. At that time a staff nurse can answer your postpartum questions and assess how you and your baby are adjusting. We will schedule your visit with us prior to your discharge from the Family Birth Center.
The First Steps program helps parents and their infants get to know each other. Trained volunteers and staff are ready to give support, parenting education, and referrals to services that will assist families in those early months of parenting. The First Steps program offers support and information with a combination of services and materials that include:
- Personal visits by trained volunteers and staff in the hospital.
- Our Baby’s First Year Calendar, which features growth and developmental milestones for infants.
- Use of a Telephone Helpline providing support and answers to parenting questions.
- A Community Resource Guide that can make parenting easier.
- Parenting information focusing on a variety of topics, including postpartum care, brain development, Shaken Baby Syndrome, fatherhood, and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).