Health Information Management (Medical Records)
Director: Sunni Borghi
Location: West Campus, 1st Floor
Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Fax: 360-537-0588 (Please provide photo ID)
Window Release of Information Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Fax Release of Information Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm (Please provide photo ID)
Phone Release of Information Hours: 1:00pm - 4:30pm
Release of Information - With proper authorization, the Health Information Management Department can provide copies of medical records to our patients, or to physicians and/or healthcare facilities. If you are a GHCH patient, and need copies of your medical record, please call (360)537-0585, which is our Release of Information Desk. There may be a fee involved, depending on the purpose for the release.
The Release of Information Desk is available to the public
Monday through Friday - from 8:00am to 4:30pm, except for holidays.
Purpose and Scope of the Department:
- Guards the confidentiality of medical records and supervises their transmittal to those authorized to see them.
- Performs qualitative and quantitative analysis if each patient record to assure its consistency and completeness.
- Abstracts and codes all records and prepares them for billing and reimbursement.
- Facilitates record-keeping for our medical staff by providing transcription services and developing the most efficient procedures for record completion.
- Participates in quality assurance, utilization review and risk management activities.
- Provides services and reports to various medical staff committees, and others as requested.